When it comes to remodeling and decorating your home, it’s always helpful to see what’s popular and trending.
If you haven’t updated your home for a while, you’re in for a treat.
This trend report is based on what we see in the majority of higher end and luxury homes, as well as what’s trending on Pinterest and Houzz. Some of these trends aren’t new…they have been growing in popularity for the last 5 to 10 years, and others are on the brink of rapid adaption.
- Open floor plans
- Let the sun shine in… more windows and more light
- Master bedroom suites
- Larger and more gourmet kitchens
- Higher ceilings and more interesting ceiling treatments
- Ceiling-Height Splashbacks – Take it to the Ceiling
- Intricate patterns, colours and stainless steel mosaics
- Larger subway tiles
- Wood looking floor tiles
- Marble slabs instead of individual pieces
Let the sun shine in… more windows and more light
Ceiling-Height Splashback – Take it to the Ceiling
Mosaics and Tiles
Colours and more Colours
Stainless Steel Mosaics
Larger Subway Tiles – Not Just 3” x 6” Subway Tiles Anymore
Wood looking floor tiles
Marble Slabs Instead of Individual Pieces